Sunday 14 December 2008

Dorian Gray - no.2

2 Collector's Library 2003

From: The Guernsey Press, St. Peter Port

For: Can't remember

Look: It's small, hardback and everything a copy of such a beautiful novel should be. The pages are gilded, there's a red ribbon bookmark and I go gushy for the thin pages.

Introduction/Appendices: This one also contains my favourite critical bit - a brilliant afterword by Peter Harness.


This is possibly my favourite copy. It's the first one which ever belonged to me, and it's so pretty...it's also the one I mistreat a bit. I want to keep my collection nice; this is the one that I usually read and take on holiday with me. In particular, I read the descriptive passages from this one. Here my mind goes very fuzzy as to which copy I got next...Decent copies of Dorian are a bit like buses. You don't see one for ages, then three come along at once. For example, during a two week holiday to Wyoming in 2004...

No comments: