Sunday 14 December 2008

Dorian Gray - no.19

Wordsworth Classics 2001

Price: Can't remember - the introductory note claims it is an "inexpensive edition", whatever that means.

History: I picked this up on a school English trip, in Covent Garden

Look: This is possibly the most horrific thing I have ever seen. Just in case you thought I drooled over all my copies. That shade of blue is appalling, and it is coupled with one of my least favourite images. Nasty in every possible way, though not so foul I wouldn't have it on my shelf. There is one copy I keep seeing about, a skinny one with a close up of a rusty young man, which I have as yet flatly refused to purchase.

Introduction/Appendices: John M.L. Drew does the honours - I have not read it yet, but at a cursory glance it seems pretty informative.

No comments: